6.20.2010

hard times

This is the reason why as much as possible, I try to avoid being here. Sabi nga nila, sa dinamidami ng choices ko bakit I prefer a more complicated and difficult path? I know I have an answer to this, a concrete and valid answer. One that convinced me for the longest time that I am right. I always think I am right but often I doubt my line of thinking. Still, every waking hour of my life feeling ko tama ako.

Oprah once said, "If it doesn't feel right, then it is not right". But what if feeling is not enough? What if feeling requires thinking? What if feeling and thinking pulls you to different directions? Who would prevail? Logic that dictates the society of what is right and wrong or your feeling that deviates from logic?

At the end I realized, I am a logical person. One who would rather choose to do what I think is right rather than let my feelings prevail. "I am a mind over heart person" I say to myself though my feeling tells me something else.

This is one of those days. I should be an expert on this, been through this many times before but it never seems to get easier every time I have to decide.

2 comments:

Enfluential Associate said...

Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic.

An action doesn't have to be wrong just because it is not logical. It doesn't have to be right just because it has its logic.

aDz said...

Oi...nagbabalik kana sa blogsphere ha... thank you sa pagcomment... :)

kita tau one of this days, tagay tayo para maging magulo naman minsan... game? reunion tayo?hahahaha